Improve Public Transport
3. Reduce traffic congestion. How?
- Provide dedicated lanes for public transport;
- Use regulations and traffic engineering to control traffic;
- Use innovative ideas to reduce traffic impacts on public transport;
- Reducing time spent at traffic signals makes customers happy and reduces costs.
- Control public transport operations;
- Improve public transport planning;
- Provide accurate information to customers.
Complimentary transport and urban planning measures include:
- Traffic calming and livable streets;
- Bicycle paths and public bicycle systems;
- Parking management;
- Pricing strategies.
Vienna Ringstrasse Bike Lane
More Ideas for Improving Public Transport
Curitiba BRT: bus and station.
About the Project
Bus Meister uses an on-line game, social networking and a best practices database (+wiki) to teach people about public transport. By educating residents and providing them with a way to get involved in improving public transport we hope to stimulate creative thinking and generate the political support needed to implement good ideas. Bus Meister has been assisted with funds provided by the Vienna Business Agency (formerly ZIT).