The purpose of this blog is to explore the application of Web 2.0 techniques to create more sustainable transportation systems.
It’s a topic I have been interested in for many years; here are a few of my papers on the subject:
- An Integrated Web 2.0 Approach for Improving Public Transport pdf 2010
- IT for Smart Mobility presentation on YouTube 2010
- Web 2.0 Applications for Improving Public Participation in Transport Planning; pdf 2009 – Presentation
The blog is being launched as part of Bus Meister. Bus Meister is a prototype for the Green City Streets project. It combines a game (to attract and teach), a social network (to encourage political action) and a best practices wiki (for those who want to learn more). If Bus Meister is successful we will create similar programs for other modes of transport under the same Green City Streets website.Here are links to the Bus Meister pages:
- Bus Meister Game
- Bus Meister Social Network (coming)
- Bus Meister Best Practices wiki
We will use this blog to publicize ideas for using Web 2.0 techniques to make transport more sustainable as well as to help keep Bus Meister players and users informed about changes to the game and project. Please bookmark us or sign-up for our feed to stay up to date.
We welcome your comments and ideas!Thanks for reading – Andy